Being acutely aware of her surroundings, the spiritual ninja is able to adapt using her cunning and skill formed by the Spirit to bring the Gospel to light in every situation.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Day after Thanksgiving
Actually, this is sort of the day before thanksgiving for me because my family is celebrating tomorrow and honestly after two and a half days of cheesy TV movies, homework, and alone time I am ready to go anywhere! I am currently watching a Dolly Parton movie where she is the "unlikely angel" nanny who brings the family together for the holidays, there is something soothing about her southern accent (makes me miss my internship supervisor) and there is something homey about predictable movies.
That being said, I am now gearing up to see the family. My family is not obnoxious or uptight or anything that requires "gearing up" In fact it is uneventful to say the least. We are a house of strangers. Okay so that is a little melodramatic. My sisters and I are getting closer in some ways but we are so different and I feel disconnected sometimes. I am so glad there are little kids now because that means I can play with them and we can focus our attention on them. Otherwise we spend our time rehashing the stuff of our past and that frankly wears me out while at the same time I am curious and thankful for the time to talk about things.
So thanksgiving, woo hoo. I am thankful that my dad and his wife are putting together a feast and that I get to see my little sister pregnant (she is a little scary not being pregnant, so it will be a real treat to see her with her hormones officially out of whack!).
Guess what, Dolly Parton got her angel wings!!!! I am so happy! St. Peter is cute and he directs the angel choir (who knew?).
Well, here to doing homework!! Or Anne Tylers maybe saint?? WE TV might have something good.
Happy Thanksgiving or day after Thanksgiving when we forsake all that we hold dear and say we were thankful yesterday but now we want to buy more stuff for us to be more thankful for next year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara Ulrich said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend! I hope you had a good day with the family. God bless!

9:46 AM

 
Blogger mark said...

you need to write more. i helped you set this up, now do something with it.
grrrrr

9:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home